Welcome to JD Lighting, we are one of Australia’s most experienced lighting and fans specialists, meeting your residential and commercial requirements to complete any tasks at hand. Browse through our high quality products at our retail store in Browns Plains from leading Australian and international brands you come to know and trust. Or confidently shop online, securely from our website and get it delivered straight to your door in the comfort of your own home. We deliver Australia-wide, including but not limited to cities like Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Gold Coast, Adelaide, Cairns, Perth and Canberra.
Why Buy From Us
At JD Lighting we stock lighting and ceiling fan fixtures for bedrooms, bathrooms, dining area, kitchen and living rooms from well-established manufacturers in Australia and overseas. We only support brands that carries products that has quality assurance, so rest assured what you are buying, you will not be disappointed. We do also provide lighting and fans fittings commercially to builders, tradies and property developers at near wholesale prices. Whether you’re a tradie or a general public, as a customer you will get the following three benefits:
- Unbeatable Prices – Our accountant think we are crazy, our prices are just too low. We care for our customers, we will challenge this, and offer our customers the best and most affordable prices. Doesn’t matter what our accountant says, as long as our customers are happy, saving them on costs, we are happy. So if you’ve seen our competitive prices beaten, please give us a call, let us know and we will smash it.
- FREE Tracked Delivery – We’ve placed great importance on your purchases, this is why our decision is to offer free tracking on every purchases you’ve made over $99. It allows you to track when you’re going to receive your items. It gives you more freedom to be out and about and know exactly when your product arrives, so you can be home to receive it.
- 30 Days Return – Building a new or renovating a home can be a daunting tasks, lots of decisions to be made. This is why at JD Lighting we offer you 30 days return in case you change your mind – provided it is in new condition, uninstalled and in its original packaging. This gives you peace of mind, so you won’t have to be stressed when building or renovating your home.
Residential Lighting Fixtures & Fans
Your time is valuable, buying the right products you’ll need can be difficult, this is why we are one of the largest online and retail stockist in Australia that sells established reliable lighting fixtures and celling fan brands. New lights installation in a new home or updating your lighting and fan fixtures to your existing home can be a stressful to most of our customers, this is why at JD Lighting we are confident in providing you the solution you will need to complete your project.
Below are the popular items customers can purchase either online or at our retail store in Brisbane’s Southside:
- Bathroom Lighting: - Proper lighting is essential in this area since it is a room where you perform a tasks such as showering, cleaning, brushing your teeth and putting on makeup. Ensure the lighting and fan fixtures are designed to handle moisture and damp areas for prolong use. Popular bathroom lighting categories include 3-in-1 bathroom lighting, heat and exhaust fan, vanity mirror lights and exhaust fans with lights.
- Pendant Lighting: - This type of ceiling light has become an important piece of home décor in today’s households. It is not only designed to provide direct task lighting but it also acts as a statement piece. Pendant lights comes in variation of shapes, materials and textures to create a range of look from minimal, ornate to industrial and sophisticated, like the crystal pendant light.
- Lamps: - There are different type of lamps for each application to lighten up your space, and create a certain feel or mood in your home. Lamps are like your best companion, it helps you to finish off your book late at night beside your bed, acting as your guiding light as you stumble around the floor in the middle of the night to go to the toilet and your study buddy for any late night cram session for assignments.
- LED Lighting: - Lighting has come a long way in recent times, and with the progress of LED technology, illuminating your property has never been so energy efficient, cost-effective and environmentally friendly. Whether you’re after functional use and safety, in the form of outdoor LED lighting or ceiling fans with LED light; or you’d prefer something more stylish inside the house, like LED pendant lights, you’ll be able to find something to suit your needs via online or at JD Lighting’s retail store, South of Brisbane.
- LED Downlights: - Downlights are one of the most popular lighting category in both commercial and residential lighting applications. The main reason for their popularity comes from their discreet appearance that blends seamlessly into the ceiling. LED downlights are the preferred choice over halogen downlights due to much better energy efficiency and longer lifespan.
- Outdoor Lighting: - People often neglect and don’t pay much attention to their outdoor lighting fixtures since they believe it isn’t as important. This is a mistake. When this happens it makes part of the house looks incomplete. There are several types of outdoor lighting fixtures that serve different purposes, ones that illuminate the walkways and while others act as accent lighting. Whether you are looking to light up your garden; your deck; or the pathways around the house, we have the right solution for you.
- Ceiling Fans: - Selecting the correct ceiling fan for your space can be tricky. There are a few considerations to be aware of – ceiling fan size, style, number of blades, whether to have a wall switch or a remote and either with light or without light. Apart from keeping the air cool in summer and warm in winter, it also act as a centerpiece for the room.
- Exhaust Fans: - Moisture is a big problem in any bathroom, laundry or kitchen since it can form mould and create bad odour. By installing an exhaust fan in these room will prevent any mould build up because it extract moisture from the inside and release it outside. The bathroom is the biggest culprit, by having a hot shower it create steam and moistures causing the bathroom to fog up. This is why it is so important to choose the right exhaust fan based on the size of the room. If the extraction capacity is too weak, the exhaust fan will not do a very good job in removing the moistures.
- Pedestal & Wall Fans: - When there is limitation in an area that won’t allow you to install a ceiling fan, either a pedestal or a wall mounted fan is the next best option. Before deciding which fan to choose, there are several key points to look out for these includes: - space, style, performance, efficiency and practicality. The advantage of installing a wall fan compared to pedestal fan is no loose cords, thus reducing the risks children knocking them over.
Commercial & Industrial Light Fittings
Electricity cost has risen significantly and sometimes it can be hard to find other alternative to reduce this costs down, especially if you are a business, so you can inject these savings in other areas for the business to grow. Installing energy efficient lighting fixtures and ceiling fans is one of the easiest ways to reduce electricity costs whether it is an office, retail store or commercial warehouse.
To have a safe and efficient work environment for staffs, it is important to have the appropriate level of lighting in your business. Each lighting plan is unique to its application; an office lighting environment is very different to a factory. Important consideration is needed for any lighting fixtures in a commercial environment otherwise without the right set up, it can impact other sections of a business. These impact includes: - customer experience, sales growth and staff productivity. At JD Lighting we supply a wide range of lighting needs for your commercial and industrial spaces. Below are a lists of lighting fixtures you can use:
- LED Track Lighting: - For an effective ambient, task and accent lighting, track lighting is being used commonly in commercial application such as in retail shops, showrooms, art galleries and offices. The light intensity can easily be adjusted to suit the surrounding and individual needs.
- Commercial Pendant Lighting : - This style of lighting is very important in any type of interior especially in commercial space. Pendant lights are very stylish, functional and saves quite a lot of space. A linear pendant light is a new type of design of pendant light that are introduce in retail for the cash registers. It consists of one wire on each side suspended from the ceiling with a linear continual profile.
- LED Spotlights : - Commercial spaces require a certain type of light to establish the appropriate style of brightness, spotlights are commonly preferred for this kind of application. Two types of spotlighting available, fixed and flexible. The difference between flexible spotlight to fixed spotlight, the light fittings of the flexible spotlight has the ability to shift along the track to different location.
- Commercial LED Downlights : - Nowadays new homes a built with LED downlights as a main ceiling light fitting option. However they’re also commonly used in commercial application from walkways to bathrooms, kitchens, hallways, retails, restaurants and board rooms. Depending on the location, some of these downlights require standard commercial grade large format downlight options. When installing commercial LED downlight, there are two main mounting methods - recessed and surface mount.
- Office Lighting : - Boosting staff productivity and concentration in an office work environment can be easily achieve by having the right lighting scheme. Not only does the correct lighting layout improve worker efficiency, it can also reduce running costs. The following consideration (not limited to) must be met to ensure your office lighting is up to par:
- (ii) Remove Buzzing Light
- (iii) Dimmable
- (iv) Natural Light
- (v) Energy Efficiency & Saving
- (vi) Longevity
- (vii) Laws & Regulations
- Shop Lighting: - Shop owners commonly ignore the importance of lighting in retail environment, this can have an effect on customer experience, sales and the buying decisions. Installing the right lighting system in your retail store can create and assist a buying mood that entice shoppers to purchase from you with of course, the assistance of great customer service. Specific lighting fixtures emphasis the quality and enhances the product aesthetically giving off a brighter, bolder and highlight the true colour of the products. By having an optimal shopping experience through correct lighting, customers spends more time in your store, therefore creating social proof, as more customers are in your store – this leads to more new customers.
- Commercial Kitchen Lighting : - It is important to have the appropriate lighting fixtures in any commercial kitchen as it needed to be compliant to essential safety practices in food retail, these includes food safety and contamination act. As technology advances, lighting in commercial kitchens has evolve from traditionally using fluorescent lighting to LED lighting. The reason behind this movement, fluorescent lights has its shortcoming, concerns ranging from burnouts, high operating temperatures, low lumens and maintenance costs is high. While LED lighting fixtures has a lot more to gain – longer lifespan, operating temperature is low, higher lumen output and lower maintenance costs.
- Commercial Outdoor Lighting : - Choosing the correct outdoor lighting for your commercial premises requires extra steps compared to selecting your commercial indoor lighting. Outdoor lighting especially for commercial use, need to withstand the element within their environment, appropriate illumination and have a long lifespan. Exterior lighting plays an important role in safety especially security application such as parking lots or garages. Remember all outdoor lighting products must have an IP65 waterproof rating.
Your Reliable Retail, Online Lighting & Fan Store
When you choose JD Lighting, you’re getting super competitive prices, together with excellent reliable customer service to match you up with the ideal lighting or ventilation solution. If you need any expert advice, or extra information, then feel free to contact us on (07) 3809 2011 and we’ll be happy to help.