Downlights commonly provide excellent general and ambient light.
- $129.95 - $139.95 RRP $139.95 | Save 8%
- $189.95 - $199.95 RRP $209.95 | Save 10%
- $159.95 - $169.95 RRP $179.95 | Save 12%
- Special Price $84.95 RRP $89.95 | Save 6%
- Special Price $64.95 RRP $69.95 | Save 8%
- Special Price $74.95 RRP $79.95 | Save 7%
- Special Price $14.95 RRP $19.95 | Save 26%
- Special Price $29.95 RRP $39.95 | Save 26%
- Special Price $9.50 RRP $14.95 | Save 37%
- Special Price $20.95 RRP $27.95 | Save 26%
- Special Price $19.99 RRP $29.95 | Save 34%
- Special Price $64.00 RRP $74.00 | Save 14%
- Special Price $32.95 RRP $44.95 | Save 27%
- Special Price $24.99 RRP $39.95 | Save 38%
- Special Price $38.95 RRP $55.95 | Save up to 31%
- Special Price $34.99 RRP $54.00 | Save 36%
- Special Price $48.00 RRP $52.99 | Save 10%
- Special Price $14.95 RRP $15.95 | Save 7%
- Special Price $29.00 RRP $34.95 | Save 18%
- $17.99 - $19.99 RRP $29.95 | Save 40%
- Special Price $89.95 RRP $99.95 | Save 11%
Downlights are essentially the “bread and butter of lighting” for today’s homes, since they are primarily used to provide general illumination and ambient light throughout the house when evening sets in. It is one of the most preferred ceiling light fittings when comes to either renovating, building a new home or commercial applications. Below are a list of several downlights to choose from, you will need the right information to find the one that is suitable for your home.
- LED Downlights – Decade ago halogen downlights were very common in households, it's great at highlighting specific area of your home, however it has some drawbacks. As time progresses, people are starting to turn to LED downlights due to its many advantages, these include energy efficiency, lower running costs and longer lifespans. LED downlights can come in many types, they are – fixed, gimbal, surface mounted, recessed, colour changing and either dimmable or non-dimmable downlights.
- LED Gimble Downlight – This type of downlight design has an adjustable frame, allowing you to angle the downlight, dispersing the light in a direction you want. Gimble downlights brings flexibility to homes that have a sloped ceiling or situations where the downlight is used for task lighting, the Gimble gives you the option to tilt the downlight towards to a specific area.
- Colour Changing LED Downlight – Modern LED downlights comes in variety of colour temperatures characterize as:
- Warm White Light colour temperature ranges from 2700K to 3500K, it delivers a calming and relaxing glow. Ideally suitable for bedrooms, living rooms, dining rooms and restaurants.
- Natural White Light temperature is between 3500K and 5000K, it produces a cool and clean glow, closely imitating sunlight, practically perfect for any location.
- Daylight White Light starts from 5000K to 6000K, generating a crisp clear white light, suitable for luxury homes, offices or retail locations.
- Cool White Light ranges from 6000K to 7000K, very common use in commercial and industrial applications or areas that require extreme bright light.
Technology over the years has allowed the lighting industry to design a downlight that has the capability of switching various colour temperatures. This brings flexibility to home owners who wanted to change the colour temperature to suit their mood and home décor.
- LED Surface Mount Downlight – The style of this downlight is mounted to a surface offering the room a minimalist architectural touch, without the “emptiness” look generally associate with recessed downlights. These downlights have unlimited applications – typically you can find them used in residential and commercial building as general purpose lighting. It’s the most preferred lighting type due to easily fitted, installed and maintained.
- Downlight Accessories – There are many accessories available for improving existing downlights. The downlight adaptor plate constructed to convert large existing downlight hole to fit smaller cut-out hole. The trailing edge LED dimmer or push button dimmer allows the downlight to dim accordingly to your liking.
Downlights creates a mood that makes you feel like home or it can brighten an area that requires light. So versatile that it can be used in commercial environment and outdoors not just kitchen, bathrooms or bedrooms. We’re sure you’ll find something that will look perfectly at home in your property. If you want to know a bit more, take a look at our downlight buyer’s guide.Read More