Terms and conditions
Please ensure that you have read all terms and conditions carefully before making your purchase.
By purchasing any item, you have agreed to the exclusive terms and conditions governing the sales between the Customer and JD Lighting.
- All orders placed through this web site are subject to confirmation and acceptance by JDLighting.com.au.
- While JD Lighting endeavours to bring you the best possible prices, due to the nature of the lighting industry, we reserve the right to change prices without notice at any time. JD Lighting reserves the right to refuse or cancel any orders, whether or not the order has been confirmed and payment made. If payment has been made for the purchase and your order is cancelled, we will notify you immediately and refund the amount paid. We will inform you as soon as possible of any changes in prices, or cancellation of orders.
- The JD Lighting website, eBay store and the JD Lighting retail store, may have variations in price. The three stores operate as separate entities, and prices on the website and eBay may change at any time due to the competitive nature of the lighting industry Australia-wide online.
- The prices listed on the website are on-line prices only, and are despatched straight from a warehouse to you. This saves overheads of running a brick-and-mortar store, and the savings are passed on to you.
- Prices may vary at any time, and we will not be liable to refund any differences in price if an item’s price changes post-sale.
- Every effort will be made to satisfy your order in the soonest time possible. If for any reason beyond our reasonable control, we are unable to supply a particular item, we will notify you at the earliest convenience.
- In this instance, your order will be placed on back order.
- We strongly recommend, that you always contact us before placing your order, if you have an availability concern, or on a deadline, as not all items are in-stock at all times. We try our best to keep all items in-stock, however times may arise where we may be caught out with an item. In this case, your item will be ordered, and as soon as it arrives into our warehouse, it will be promptly shipped straight to you.
3. Delivery & Shipping
- We will do our best to deliver your order promptly. Once funds have cleared into our account, most items will be dispatched within 5-10 business days.
- Orders will be delivered to the address specified by you.
- Deliveries will be made to you by our contracted delivery drivers. Our preferred courier companies are namely Australia Post and Startrack Couriers.
- While all care is taken in the packaging and postage of your purchase, we will assume no liability for any late delivery. In addition, this does not constitute a return nor a refund.
- Missing or damaged goods while in transit, will be processed according to the terms and conditions of the courier company. Claims will only be recognised within 48hrs of the delivery.
- If you choose not to give ‘Authority to Leave’ the goods and you are not available for collecting your item at the time of delivery, you will be liable (if charged by the Courier) to pay any additional fees associated with your parcel being sent out any consecutive times.
4. Pictures & Product Descriptions.
- Pictures are for illustrative purposes only.
- Whilst every effort is made to make product descriptions as accurate as possible, errors may unintentionally occur.
- Various computers and preset screen resolutions, may cause product mis-representations. This maybe caused by the angle the photo was taken, the camera flash, etc.
- If your purchase is of a very specific nature, and you require clarification on any item specifications, please contact us via the contact us form, or call us on 07 3809 2011 during business hours, before making your purchase.
5. Payment Details
- We accept the following methods of payment online: Credit Card (Visa and Mastercard) & Paypal
- You can also pay by Cash, Credit Card, or Debit Card if the item is to be picked up in-store.
6. Secure Credit Card Payments & Refunds
- For security reasons we do not keep your credit card details on record.
- Once your transaction has been completed, we do not have access to your credit card information. This is strictly regulated by the banking authorities.
- If a refund is required, and payment was made by credit card, in some instances we may have to refund the amount paid into a bank account.
- Your credit card details are safe and secure. All credit card information is encoded using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology, an encryption protocol that protects data as it travels over the Internet.
- There may be times, where we may have to contact you to verify you as the card holder.
- JD Lighting shall not be liable to the Customer, or to any other person whomsoever, for any loss or damage whatsoever or howsoever caused arising directly or indirectly in connection with the Products, other than expressly imposed by statute in terms of which it is not possible to limit or exclude liability.
- JD Lighting expressly excludes liability for consequential loss or damage including but not limited to loss of profit, business, revenue, goodwill or anticipated savings.
8. Changes To Terms
- These terms and conditions are subject to change at any time, without prior written notice. Therefore, please check these terms and conditions carefully each time you place an order with or accept delivery of any goods from JD Lighting.
9. Applicable Law.
- These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Queensland and shall be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Queensland.
10. Returns Policy, Order Cancellations & Warranties
- Individual product warranties are noted within each product description, and apply from the date of purchase.
- Advertised warranty periods, relate to domestic installations, unless the product was selected from our commercial range of products. In this case, the advertised warranty period shall apply.
- Warranty on Globes other than LED is Nil, unless found to be DOA (Dead On Arrival).
- LED Globes that are faulty carry a replacement warranty. A replacement warranty is a one for one warranty. It is the customer’s responsibility to return faulty items to us, along with a pre-paid Australia Post satchel for its return to you. We are not liable for any freight costs involved in returning warranty items to you. In addition, you may contact the manufacturer of the globes for warranty replacements.
- Ceiling Fan warranties are covered by their respective brands. If you have an issue with a ceiling fan, call the manufacturer and they will handle the warranty claim from there. Do not send or return the ceiling fan to the store.
- All warranties are void, if NOT installed by a licensed electrician. In Australia, it is Illegal to perform electrical work without the appropriate electrical licenses.
- Any items returned for warranty, must be accompanied by:
- A Returns Authority Email supplied by JD Lighting
- Original proof of purchase, and
- A copy of the electrical certificate issued for the installation of these items by a licensed electrician.
11. Lay-by & In-store Orders
- JD Lighting’s Lay-by’s are of eight (8) weeks duration only
- The deposit for the Lay-by order must be no less than 20% of the total amount of the lay-by.
- A Lay-by order is a firm sale – We will not refund you if you change your mind.
- If two (2) or more items are placed on a lay-by together, they may not be split and picked up separately
- If you decide to cancel the lay-by, a 20% re-stocking fee of the total lay-by value will be charged, and any difference paid that is above the 20% can be refunded in the form of a store credit. This cannot be refunded for cash.
- If your lay-by is overdue, every effort will be made to contact you to remind and finalise the payment.
- If it is more than three (3) months overdue, and we have made every effort to contact you and cannot get in touch, the lay-by will be cancelled by us, the the items will be returned to floor stock.
Use of the information and data contained on this website is at your sole risk. The information and data on this website is subject to change without notice. JDLIGHTING.COM.AU makes no representation, expressed or implied, as to the accuracy of the information and data contained on this website. JDLIGHTING.COM.AU accepts no liability for any use of the said information and data or reliance placed on it. JDLIGHTING.COM.AU makes no representations, either expressed or implied, as to the sustainability of the said information and data for any particular purpose. JDLIGHTING.COM.AU makes no warranties that the information and data is free of infection by computer viruses or other contamination.