1. When should I book an appointment with my electrician?
We understand that it is tempting to book your electrician well in advance. However, we strongly recommend holding off your electrician appointment until after you have received your order. This would allow for an adequate amount of time to ensure the contents of your order have arrived safely and to accommodate for any unexpected delay in delivery, which is unfortunately beyond our direct control.
2. Is there warranty on all your products?
As an official retailer, all products sold by JD Lighting are fully covered by manufacturer's warranty. Manufacturer’s warranty is valid only within Australia and commences from the purchase date on your invoice. We highly recommend you keep the receipt from your electrician as evidence in the event of a warranty claim.
Please be informed that our manufacturers' warranty is only valid within Australia. However, we do offer 12 months replacement policy in the unlikely event of damaged or faulty goods. Shipping cost will be the responsibility of the buyer.
3. Can I pick up my online order from the warehouse?
Local collection can be arranged from our warehouse in Queensland. Please contact us first to arrange for your online order to be picked up from our warehouse. It is important that you contact us immediately for any pick up request before the order gets processed for delivery by the warehouse.
4. Do you have a showroom I can visit?
Yes definitely! Our retail showroom is located in Browns Plains, Queensland. Come pay us a visit as we have an extensive range of the latest products on display, some of which are not even available in our online catalogue yet.
Our showroom address is:
Shop B-04/18 Commerce Drive Browns Plains QLD 4118
5. I can’t find the product I am looking for. Can JD Lighting get it for me?
We are constantly updating the products available on our website. If you want a particular model that is not available on our website, contact us and we may be able to specially order it in for you.
1. Is it safe to use my credit card online?
Yes, you can be rest assured that it is extremely safe.
All transactions on our website are encrypted with the latest industry standard SSL (Secure Socket Layer) to ensure buyer privacy and protection. If you are still unsure about using your credit card online, then we suggest using other payment methods like PayPal or call us.
2. What payment methods do you use?
We accept payments via Visa, Mastercard and Amex via Braintree payment gateway or you can pay with PayPal.
3. Can I make changes to an existing order?
We aim to process and pack your order as fast as possible. Please contact us immediately if you would like to make some order modifications. Please note that not all changes can be guaranteed as the order may be too far into the shipping process. Ensuring that your order details are correct before placing an order is always the best practice to prevent any disappointment at a later date.
4. The item I want is out of stock. What now?
We are generally able to restock the items if they are temporarily out of stock. If you would like to receive a notification when the item becomes available again, simply click "Notify me when this product is in stock" and we'll send out an email if the product becomes available again. Any estimated time of arrival will be posted on the specific product page.
5. How do I use a coupon code?
You can redeem your coupon code at the checkout page. Simply enter the coupon code in the coupon code box and click apply.
1. FREE SHIPPING on most orders over $99.
We offer free shipping on most Australian orders over $99. If your order does not qualify for free shipping, then the shipping cost displayed at checkout will reflect the true cost of shipping from our delivery couriers.
2. How long does delivery take?
Delivery time within Australia is usually between 3 – 13 business days depending on your location. Please read our “Shipping & Delivery” section for an estimated time of delivery for each region.
3. How do I know my order is shipped?
Once your order has been processed and dispatched, you will receive a shipping confirmation email from us along with your tracking number directly from Australia Post or Star Track.
4. How can I track my order?
You can track your order directly from the tracking email that you will receive from Australia Post of Star Track upon shipping confirmation. Be sure to check your junk/spam folder in case the email lands in there.
5. Will I have to sign for my delivery?
Deliveries must be signed for upon arrival to ensure the parcels are received in the right hands. Australia Post & StarTrack will leave a parcel card if no one is available to collect the parcel at the time of delivery. However, you may choose to have the parcel left unattended at your delivery address or sent to your local post office for you to collect later.
6. What if I am not home when my order arrives?
Your parcel will either be left unattended at your address (if requested) or the delivery driver will leave a note for you to collect at your local post office.
Please ensure to collect your parcel at your local post office as soon as possible as uncollected parcels will be sent back to our warehouse. There will be redelivery fees if uncollected parcels are sent back to us.
Ps. We encourage our customers to ship to their working address whenever possible to avoid missed deliveries.
7. My order hasn't arrived within the expected time frame. What happens now?
You can track your order easily with the tracking code provided by our shipping couriers, Australia Post and StarTrack. If you are unsatisfied with the information provided, then please contact Australia Post or StarTrack to get the latest delivery status update. Alternatively, you can contact our customer service team and we will investigate your delivery further.
1. What is your return policy?
If you are not entirely satisfied with your purchase, you may send it back to us for a refund or exchange.
Our 3 simple rules of returns are:
- Item(s) must be returned within 30 days of purchase; 30 days starts from the date of purchase to when it is received at our warehouse.
- Item(s) must be unworn and unused with the original tags still attached.
- Item(s) must be in the original packaging which must be in original condition. You don’t need the clear plastic packaging.
If your item matches all of these conditions, you can lodge a return. Visit our “Returns Policy” section for more information on how to return your item.
Please note the following:
- We are unable to refund the initial shipping cost of your order. If the goods were shipped for free the actual amount would be deducted from the refund.
- Any cost associated with returning the goods would be at the consumers’ expense.
- Unfortunately we cannot refund sale items or items purchased during sales promotions, but we’ll gladly exchange them or issue you with a credit note.
- It is important that you check your order upon collection and always before use or installation. If there is any error then please report to us immediately and we will try our best to resolve it for you.
2. I want to return an item, what should I do?
Please contact us within 30 days from date of purchase for a return authosation. Include your invoice number, product name and explain the reason for the return and our customer service team will get back to you within 24 working hours.
3. Do I have to pay for return shipping?
You will have to pay for return shipping for change of mind reasons. You may choose to return the item(s) using your own courier or you can use our Australia Post Return Labels which are priced very reasonably. Contact us for more information.
4. Have you received my returned item?
You will receive an update from us once your item(s) are received by our warehouse and inspected by the customer service team to meet our Returns Policy. Please keep your tracking number as we cannot accept responsibility for goods lost in transit.
5. My items have arrived damaged, faulty, or isn’t what I ordered
In the unlikely event of your item getting damaged in transit or dead on arrival (DOA), please contact and email us with photos of the damage as soon as possible. In some cases where an item is found damaged or faulty, the item will need to be returned to us for full inspection.
If we sent you the wrong item, please contact us and we will get it sorted for you as soon as possible.
6. When will I receive my refund?
Returns will take few business days to reach our warehouse. Once received, your return request will be processed within 1-3 business days. Please note that your financial institution may need 1 to 2 business days to clear the funds back into your account.